Rachel is a much sought after celtic harp teacher worldwide, and has taught Scottish harp at numerous celtic harp festivals throughout the world. She has published 4 books of harp arrangements and compositions, and her music has featured on the syllabuses of both the RCS Scottish Harp grade exams, Trinity College London grade exams and national clarsach competitions.
She was nominated Tutor of the Year at the 2020 & 2016 Scots Trad Music Awards.
Rachel frequently travels to Europe to tutor (she holds both Irish and GB passports) and is the resident monthly Scottish harp teacher at Europes largest harp store, Zingende Snaar, in the Netherlands, and the monthly resident Manx Harp tutor for Culture Vannin on the Isle of Man.
Through her work as the visiting harp for the Isle of Man, the smallest of the Celtic nations, Rachel has emerged as the world’s premiere specialist in Manx Harp music. Having founded the harp ensemble Claasagh on the island, she is at the forefront of a revival of Manx harp and this has led to invitations to teach and perform Manx music worldwide.
Some of the harp festivals that Rachel has performed / taught at include:
- ScotlandThe Edinburgh International Harp Festival –
- USASomerset Folk Harp Festival –
- New ZealandThe Harp Retreat –
- JapanTokyo Irish Harp Festival –
- RussiaArfavita –
- IrelandO’Carolan Harp Festival –
- FranceRencontres Internationales de Harpe Celtique –
- GermanyHarfentreffen –
- SpainFestival Internacional Arpa Sentmenat –
- GaliciaNoia Harp Festival –
- SwitzerlandThe Swiss Harp Festival –
- ItalyBardonecchia Harp Festival –
- USAOhio Scottish Arts School –
- USACommon Ground on the Hill –